Building a Corporate Culture of Security: Strategies for Strengthening Organizational Resiliency provides readers with the proven strategies, methods, and techniques they need to present ideas and a sound business case for improving or enhancing security resilience to senior management. Presented from the viewpoint of a leading expert in the field, the book offers proven and integrated strategies that convert threats, hazards, risks, and vulnerabilities into actionable security solutions, thus enhancing organizational resiliency in ways that executive management will accept.
The book delivers a much-needed look into why some corporate security practices programs work and others don’t. Offering the tools necessary for anyone in the organization charged with security operations, Building a Corporate Culture of Security provides practical and useful guidance on handling security issues corporate executives hesitate to address until it’s too late.
- Provides a comprehensive understanding of the root causes of the most common security vulnerabilities that impact organizations and strategies for their early detection and prevention
- Offers techniques for security managers on how to establish and maintain effective communications with executives, especially when bringing security weakness–and solutions–to them
- Outlines a strategy for determining the value and contribution of protocols to the organization, how to detect gaps, duplications and omissions from those protocols, and how to improve their purpose and usefulness
- Explores strategies for building professional competencies; managing security operations, and assessing risks, threats, vulnerabilities, and consequences
- Shows how to establish a solid foundation for the layering of security and building a resilient protection-in-depth capability that benefits the entire organization
- Offers appendices with proven risk management and risk-based metric frameworks and architecture platforms